Counselling - Family, Couple & Individual (FCI) services provide assistance to those needing help dealing with Life’s Challenges, such as:
- family difficulties
- marital conflict
- separation or divorce
- anger management
Through solution-focused interventions, professionally trained counsellors help individuals and families to improve their level of functioning, their satisfaction with life and their involvement with interpersonal relationships.
Programs and Costing
Family Counseling Centre has free, subsidized and fee-for service counselling programs and service to meet various needs:. If you feel you would benefit from some help, contact our trained Intake Worker at 519-336-0120 to determine which program or service is best for you.
FCI Counselling services are supported, and subsidized by:
- The Sarnia-Lambton United Way, which provides a subsidy for counselling to ensure that low-income families receive professional assistance when they need to reach outside their traditional support networks;
- Employee / Member Assistance Programs – E/MAPs, offered by many employers and unions as part of a health and benefits program. E/MAP programs cover the cost of counselling for eligible employees and their dependents.
- Violence Against Women (VAW) – provides counselling services to women who have experienced physical and/or emotional abuse in an intimate relationship. There is no fee for this service as funding is provided by the Ministry of Children, Community & Social Services.
- Sexual Assault Outreach Program (SAO) – funded by the Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) no cost counselling is provided to women over the age of 50 residing in Lambton County who have experienced sexual abuse at some point in their life
- Family Counselling Centre is an approved provider of counselling services under the provincial Victim Quick Response Program (VQRP) and the federal Medical Services - Counselling (for First Nation clients).
- Counselling can be purchased on a fee-for service basis by individuals recognizing the need to obtain assistance in addressing life’s challenges.
- Counselling can also be purchased on a 3rd Party basis (paying for someone else) or as part of an employment related “Mandated Referral” employment retention strategy.